Getting to know each other
We can meet to discuss your vision and details in person at a Starbucks/coffee shop (Norwalk, Wilton, Westport, Darien, or New Canaan) or via phone, via the Internet with SKYPE, FACETIME, or Google Hangout.
You will decide exactly what type of ceremony you want: formal or casual, religious or spiritual. We can include religious references and prayers. You may want the ceremony to be laced with tradition. We can fill it with the personal touches that show the qualities and individuality of the two of you. If you don't know what you want, I can provide some direction. As we work together, we will create a wedding ceremony that you and your guests will remember and cherish.
You might need me to recommend venues…give me an idea of your ideal location: wedding halls, beach-side, waterside, garden, vineyard, club, restaurant, field, etc.
I can provide a list of referrals for venues, photographers, DJs, musicians, wedding planners, etc.
I perform wedding ceremonies in English and Spanish. In other languages for a bi-lingual wedding ceremonies, a family member can participate by reading the ceremonial words in another language.
- I perform your wedding ceremony. I create the script to fit your personal vision.
- I take digital snapshot photos and a simple video (mounted on tripod) that I will send to you via your drop-box.
- I prepare a customized laser cut navy portfolio and certificate (memento only, not a legal document) with your personalized vows printed in a lovely font on elegant blue parchment paper with a gold seal.
- There are no extra charges for special ceremonies. Unity ceremonies (candles, painting, tree, plant,and more), rose ceremonies, wine-box and more. You bring the setup.
- I wear a robe, stole, or a suit with tux lapels. The robe and stoles come in over 10 colors.
- I have a sound system (20 hr. battery) which I use for smaller weddings that do not have a DJ.
- I am a notary public, so if you need anything notarized, I am happy to provide that service to my couples with my compliments.
Booking your date and time
To reserve a date and time, I require payment upfront.
- I cannot hold a date without payment, Contact me if you want me to hold that space for 5 (five) days until your payment arrives.
- To pay
- Via check/money order: Mail to Mary C. Pugh 50 Toilsome Ave, Norwalk CT 06851
- Paypal for secure online credit or debit card payments
- You can also call me to make a credit card payment. ($10 fee)
- When I receive your payment, I will send you access to a personal Dropbox with sample wedding scripts and ideas:
- Includes a free name change kit
- I will put your wedding video and photos into this same folder.
- Worksheet forms you will need to fill out and give to the town clerk of the town where you are having your ceremony in order to get your license and your certified copies ($20 per copy).
- I will send you a link to a questionnaire that will send me all the key details of your event.
Same sex marriages are now legal and follow the same rules.
State residency is not required. You will need a valid unexpired Photo ID (driver’s license or passport).
You both must go to the Town Clerk (CT: in the town of your ceremony) to obtain the license.
Both parties must sign the Marriage License and take an oath in the presence of the Town Clerk or Assistant Town Clerk. A couple may come in together or individually.
Plan on spending about 30 minutes in the Town Clerk’s Office. Some towns require that you return next day or later for your license. Office is typically open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- No Blood tests, No witnesses, No waiting period
- You must get your Marriage License from the Town where you are getting married.
- License Fee $30 in CT (valid for 65 days)
- For the quickest wedding, a couple can be married in as few as 90 minutes in CT weekdays (not all towns)–from application to proof of marriage.
- No Blood test, 2 adult witnesses, 24 hr waiting period after receive license from the state
- A marriage license can be from any town in NY and can be used in any town.
- License Fee tends to be $40 to $45 in NY (valid for 60 days)