For Saturday hours please scroll to the bottom.

State residency is NOT required to get married in CT

No Blood tests, No witnesses, No waiting period
A couple can be married in a few hours –from application to proof of marriage. (WEEKDAYS)

(Note: same sex marriages are now legal and CT and follow the same rules)

A marriage license is required of any couple(including same sex couples) getting married in CT. The license fee typically is $30.

You must get your Marriage License from the Town in which you are getting married in. You will need a valid Photo ID (driver’s license or passport).

This can cause life-threatening withdrawal symptoms in the baby after it is born. Babies born dependent on habit-forming medicine may need medical treatment somnifère zolpidem 10mg for several weeks. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. Use effective birth control to prevent pregnancy while you are taking temazepam. Temazepam can pass into breast milk and may harm a nursing baby. You should not breast-feed while using this medicine. The sedative effects of temazepam may last longer in older adults. Accidental falls are common in elderly patients who take benzodiazepines. Use caution to avoid falling or accidental injury while you are taking this medicine. Temazepam is not approved for use by anyone younger than 18 years old.
This medicine can cause birth defects. Your baby could also become dependent on the drug.
More information on

A Marriage License is valid for 65 days.
(You must get married within 65 days of applying for your license.)

Both parties must sign the Marriage License and take an oath in the presence of the Town Clerk or Assistant Town Clerk. A couple may come in together or individually.

The Marriage License will be issued as soon as all of the necessary information has been furnished. Plan on spending about 20 minutes in the Town Clerk’s Office. Some towns require that you return next day or later for your license.

Hours tend to be 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. See listing of offices with Saturday hours below. Often no appointment is necessary, but call ahead to be sure. Please apply for your Marriage License by 3:00 p.m. so that there is no rush at the end of the day.

You will need to provide the application form which will ask:
(ask me to send you the form)

Date and city/town location of ceremony
The name, address, and telephone number of the person(OFFICIANT) performing the ceremony for you.

Your names, address, birth date, place of birth, marital status

Your parent’s names (with mother’s maiden name) and place of birth

If you choose me as your officiant: you need to have this information for your wedding license application.

Mary Pugh (JP)
50 Toilsome Avenue
Norwalk, CT 06851
203 838 1038
cell 203 434 5038 (txt)

You need to bring the wedding license to the wedding along with photo identification.

After the wedding, I will take the completed signed license to the town hall to have it registered.

You can get a certified copy of your wedding license from the town clerk. The fee is $20.00 per certified copy. If you include a mailed in request and a check for the certified copies, I would be happy to mail that in along with the license. It must include a photocopy of your driver’s license or passport.

The rules for obtaining and filing marriage licenses changed effective Oct. 1, 2003.

Blood test is NO longer required 
CT repealed mandatory blood tests effective October 1, 2003.

Marriage License Must be Obtained in Couple’sTown of Wedding. CT residency is NOT required. 

NO witnesses are required. My signature on your license is all that is required to legalize your marriage.

The couple must appear (separately or together) at the Town Clerk’s office to apply for the license.

You MUST bring your wedding license to the wedding with photo id so I can sign it and return it to the town clerk where you were married. 

SATURDAY HOURS – some by appointment: (call to confirm!!) Some Saturday hours are seasonal.

SHERMAN. Fairfield CountyClerk and Reg. of Vital Statistics, Carol L. Havens; Hours, 9:00 A.M.-12:00 Noon, 1-4 P.M., Tues. through Fri.; 9:00 A.M.-12:00 Noon, Sat.; Address, Mallory Town Hall, 9 Rte. 39 North, P.O. Box 39, 06784-0039; Tel., (860) 354-5281; FAX, (860) 355-6943; Internet,–Asst. Clerk and Asst. Reg. of Vital Statistics, Ellen M. Hipp

TRUMBULL. Fairfield County Clerk and Reg. of Vital Statistics, Suzanne Burr Monaco; Hours, 9:00 A.M.-6:00 P.M., Mon. through Thurs.; 9:00 A.M.-5:00 P.M., Fri.; 9:00 A.M.-12:00 Noon, the second Sat. of the month; Address, Town Hall, 5866 Main St., 06611-3193; E-Mail,; Internet,; Tel., (203) 452-5035; FAX, (203) 452-5094.–Asst. Clerks and Asst. Regs. of Vital Statistics, Susan M. Cole, Gloria S. Murphy.–Acct. Clerk, Judith Edwards; Asst., Amanda Ahern

%d bloggers like this: